Each year we take 5 Directors; the role of each director is very important as they assist the executive council. If you are interested in becoming an executive in the future, we highly recommend taking on a bigger role a member of the GSA this year. Each director is responsible for certain tasks.
Here is the list of director positions as well as a brief recap of their responsibilities. Note that there is more to these positions.
Director of Social Affairs
- Responsible for assisting the Vice-President Internal and Vice-President Student Life in planning and promoting events.
Director of Athletics and Recreation
- Responsible for maintaining all intramural sports teams within the association and responsible for involving the association’s athletes in University of Toronto sporting events
Director of Cultural Affairs
- Responsible for promoting Hellenic culture to our members through events and is responsible for promoting Hellenic culture to the University of Toronto on behalf of the association.
Director of Communications
- Responsible for assisting the Secretary-General with communicating with the members and assisting the Vice-President Public Relations in maintaining the associations social media outlets and the association’s general website.
First Year Representative
- Responsible for involving the first years members of the association, promoting the association to first year students, and assisting the executives where needed.
Each year we have a high demand for Director positions. If you do not win, executive’s take on associates as well, who shadow their positions and help the GSA in a similar way that directors do. We are always happy to have more actively involved members.
Please send us your name and the position you wish to run for by Wednesday, September 17 at midnight. At our general meeting, you will be asked to stand up and say a few words as to why you think you are best for this position. Preparation ahead of time is not necessary, but recommended. Members will vote the director they feel is most suited for the position.
Good luck to all the candidates!